One box of soymilk, 1/8 of herb
THINGS YOU NEED
- Coffee Grinder – or some way grinding herb into a FINE powder.
- Double Boiler
- Gold Mesh Coffee Filter – you can also use cheese-clothe or a very fine strainer. I recommend the gold mesh coffee filter though.
- 1 Box (4 cups) of Soymilk – West Soy Unsweetened works well – http://imgur.com/nq1Zt.jpg – there’s the box. EDIT: It’s been pointed out to me that non-Americans may not be able to find West Soy, so, look for something with between 4 and 5 grams of fat per serving. Something with less won’t be as effective
- 1/8th Herb – Any kind, any quality. One of the best things about this recipe is it works with lower grade weed and still gives you a nice sensation. Of course, better weed does yield better results, but bad weed doesn’t usually yield bad results.
- Grind up at least 8th no more than a quarter, so its fine and powdery.
- Put one box of soymilk in the top pot of a double boiler. Fill the bottom with water.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Dump powdered 8th into soymilk. Cover.
- Heat for 45 minutes to 3 hours (I used to say you HAVE to do it for three hours, but lately I’ve realized that doing shorter extractions yields just as good results. Do what works for you.)
- NOTE: If heating for 3 hours, you should prepare a second pot of boiling water. Heat it at the same time as the double boiler, but then turn it off once it boils. when you notice the water in the boiler getting low (once every twenty to thirty mintues), heat this second pot up again, and refill the double boiler with boiling water. You’ll have to do this the whole time.
- After the allotted time, pull the pot with the soymilk in it from the water chamber and let cool in the fridge (or freezer if you’re in a hurry, just pay attention so it doesn’t freeze). EDIT: This is the point at which I’ll often add sweetener (honey, chocolate, etc) and flavors (lavender, mint, etc). The stuff tastes like liquid weed on its own, so for people who find that unpalatable, treat the hot soymilk like tea water and infuse it with your favorite herbs.
- Once cooled, Put the filter in the funnel and strain, press on the weed with the back of a spoon to get all the excess milk out. Pour milk back in the box, or decant to whichever container you prefer. Personally, I use Grolsch bottles because they have those awesome E-Z Cap tops. My friends call this Lon Lon Milk.
- Pour yourself a shotglass full of this magic brew, throw it back and wait 15 minutes to an hour and half.